Commercial & Residential Roof Repair Plano
Commercial and Residential Roof Repair Experts
Our properties are constantly being subjected to the whims of nature. Fortunately, we are the leading roof repair Plano, and all of the Dallas metroplex, has to offer. However, sometimes those storms can carry quite a punch, whipping around tree limbs, knocking off shingles, causing leaks, etc. These seasonal storms can wreak havoc on our roofs, causing all kinds of damage.
When maintaining your roof, you need to consider more than just the roofing material itself. Additional features on the roof like solar panels, coatings, skylights, ventilation tubes, gutters, etc. need to be maintained as well. We are happy to set you up with a commercial and residential roof repair service specific to your building.Just give us a call, and we can come inspect your roof in order to create a customized preventative maintenance recommendation program. It will include a written assessment as well as repair or replacement suggestions.
Luckily, at New Age Roofers, we have done lots of commercial and residential roof repair work over the years on both residential and commercial properties. We can quickly and efficiently assess your property damage and implement a quick and cost-effective solution. Keep scrolling to learn more about the types of damage caused by storms, or better yet give us a call now at (469) 995-8967 for a free damage assessment!
REQUEST A FREE QUOTE!
Storm Damage Repair
Hail and wind damage, North Texas weather is unpredictable and extreme – lots of thunderstorms Hail and wind damage, North Texas weather is unpredictable and extreme – lots of thunderstorms. As we all know, Northern Texas´ weather can be unpredictable and sometimes extreme, with strong thunderstorms. Most damage caused by storms comes in the form of water, wind, or hail.
- Water damage: Water damage is one of the most common results of Texas storms. Heavy rainfall can eat through any loose shingles or gaps in your roof and leak inside, causing considerable property damage. Additionally, if your roof has any drainage issues, accumulated rainwater can eventually promote leaks. Telltale signs of water damage are holes or gaps in the roof or siding and/or stained ceilings or walls. Leaks can affect the indoor temperature level of your building and the moisture can cause mold or rot.
- Wind damage: Wind damage is most evident with shingles. You might notice that some are loose, missing, or in the case of tiles, broken on the ground. High winds can also whip around debris or cause trees to fall on your roof. Debris larger in size can puncture holes in your roof or bend it, allowing water to leak in through the cracks. Most roofing material warranties cover for windspeeds of 40-60 mph.
- Hail damage: Hail can cause considerable damage to your roof if it´s large enough. On average, hail stones an inch or above in diameter will knock surface granules off asphalt shingles (compromising their integrity), split wood shingles down the middle, crack clay and slate tiles, and dent or punch holes in metal roofing. Another sign of damage is dented gutters, cracked skylights, or considerable dings in your air conditioner. If you spot any of those signs it would be a good idea to give us a call.
If you suspect any kind of damage due to water, wind, or hail, it would be a good idea to give us a call. We can give you a free inspection to see whether a repair or full roof replacement is required.
Leak Detection And Repair
After a big storm, the biggest danger is water leaking inside through cracks or gaps caused by impact from flying debris or strong winds.
- The first step you should take to look for leaks is to make sure that you don´t have any drainage issues. Check that your gutters are unclogged and working properly. If you have a flat or low slope roof, check that there is no standing water on your roof.
- Next, you can check the surrounding area for stray shingles or tile pieces. Missing shingles or tiles ensure that your roofing material has been damaged in some way. If you have asphalt shingles, check for stray pebbles in your gutters or on the ground. If you find any of these signs, call us immediately to assess the severity of the damage.
- A third step you can take is to check the ceiling and walls of the top floor adjacent to the roof. If you see any reflective areas or water stains, that is a sure sign that you have a leak.
If you are not sure whether or not you have roof damage and/or how severe it is, your safest bet is to give us a call. We have specialized safety equipment that allows us to thoroughly check your roof for signs of damage.
Does The Roof Need Repair Or Replacement?
Once damage is detected, we´ll need to assess whether or not a full replacement is needed. Once damage is detected, we´ll need to assess whether or not a full replacement is needed.
- Repair: Generally, a repair can be done if there is slight damage to the shingles or tiles, or only a few are missing and there is no damage to the underlayment or decking. Additionally, we can occasionally patch small areas that were stripped by wind. However, they need to be replaced as quickly as possible to prevent moisture from seeping into the underlayment or deck, where rotting and leaking can eventually develop.
- Replacement: Typically, anything more severe than the signs mentioned above will necessitate a roof replacement. Once you call us, we will inspect the exterior and interior. At that point, we will be able to assess whether a patch will extend your roof´s lifespan or just contribute to future damage down the line. A few obvious signs that your roof needs replacing are:
- Visible sagging (this should be addressed immediately
- Signs of moisture or water damage (brown spots, peeling paint, mold, water stains in the ceiling or walls)
- Age (if your house/roof is more than 20 years old, it should probably be replaced or at least inspected closely)
- Roofing materials (depending on the type of material, it will need to be replaced more or less frequently, generally asphalt lasts about 12-17 years, steel=50 years, slate=80+, etc.)
Preventative Maintenance Services
Preventative maintenance is something that every home or building owner should consider to eliminate the possibility of premature roof damage. An effective preventative maintenance routine can extend the life of your roof over time. Preventative maintenance is something that every home or building owner should consider to eliminate the possibility of premature roof damage. An effective preventative maintenance routine can extend the life of your roof over time.
When maintaining your roof, you need to consider more than just the roofing material itself. Additional features on the roof like solar panels, coatings, skylights, ventilation tubes, gutters, etc. need to be maintained as well. We are happy to set you up with a regular maintenance service specific to your building. Just give us a call, and we can come inspect your roof in order to create a customized preventative maintenance recommendation program. It will include a written assessment as well as repair or replacement suggestions.
Commonly, these programs include activities such as:
- Debris removal (gutter, drain, or ventilation clog detected)
- Calking/re-calking (gaps/cracks detected in pipe seals)
- Repair roof surface (damage to membrane detected)
If you´re interested in an a personalized preventative maintenance program for your property, give us a call now: (469) 995-8967.
New Age Roofers are the premiere roofing contractor Plano TX residents can trust. Our family-owned business is proud to provide unparalleled roofing window, door, gutter, garage door, siding repairs and installation for the Plano TX community.